Friday, July 13, 2012

in-flight entertainment.


As I type this long overdue post, I am currently cruising at an altitude of 38,012 ft over the lovely state of New Mexico...Albuquerque to be exact! (I just love an in-flight moving map) With about an hour and a half left in my cross-country journey to my future new home, I thought it would be a lovely idea to catch up on some long overdue rambling! And what better topic to ramble on about than airport attire?! I mean come on people; I know you probably have some idea about what I want to say....

 Yes, you guessed it! I want to go ON and ON about what on this dear sweet planet possesses people to wear things like pajama pants, socks with sandals, velour tracksuits, etc. out in public...and to schlep across airports in front of mass amounts of people no less! I know that ANYONE who has been in an airport in the last decade has seen the travesty that I so vehemently speak of. 

Personally, I hold fast to the tried and true mantra of “you never know who you’ll meet today.” I mean, what if you are seated next to the man of your dreams, or someone who could hire you on to their Fortune 500 company someday?! I assure you friend, you won’t impress them with those hello kitty jammies or that tracksuit, Juicy Couture or not!  Now, I am not suggesting that the airport has to be your personal runway every time you travel, unless you just like to werk it for fun...by all means strut on! I just think it is important to put your best face forward at all times, especially when you will potentially be sharing close quarters with a stranger (who could end up being someone important)! C’mon friends, are blue jeans and a nice top really so uncomfortable? How about a loose flowing cotton dress? I will even let leggings & a well kept sweater slide by under the caveat that it covers your tush & is climate appropriate for your destination! Chic and comfortable can go hand in hand! I PROMISE!!

Anytime I travel somewhere new, I try to think of it as my own debut of sorts into that particular city, state, or culture even. I want the people I come in contact with to get a little glimpse of who I am, what I am all about! I personally think it says a lot about someone when he or she chooses to forego easy, sloppy comfort in favor of a well-coordinated and fashionable traveling ensemble.

Here are some fancy airport appropriate duds that I've got my eye on...

green pants add a fun touch to this relaxed top
outfit courtesy of Anthropologie.com 
maxi skirts are great for travel, comfortable and long enough to provide a little warmth on chilly plane rides
Outfit courtesy of Jcrew.com
A light weight sweater paired with clean-cut shorts is the perfect summer travel ensemble 
Outfit also courtesy of Anthropologie.com 

What I Wore:
a little slow on the outfit of the day pictures but here is a polyvore set of my recent travel essentials!






No comments:

Post a Comment