Friday, June 22, 2012

lets talk product

After a splendid long weekend of wedding festivities and long overdue bonding with my best girls, I find myself back in sticky, humid, rainy Florida and desperately missing South Carolina with her balmy 80 degree weather. swoon. Now you may be thinking: Ummm hasn't it been like a week since the aforementioned wedding?? Yes friends, a week it has been. Allow me to explain. My precious MacBook also made the journey to SC for the Tiller- Rosenlund nuptials. Sadly, along the way she got a little reckless and met a can of beer libation that did not agree with her internal logic board, thus resulting in her untimely death. It has taken me an achingly long 6 days to get my new (beverage free) MacBook up and running and let me tell you... I'm feelin' productive and particularly bloggy!

The 3 plus trips I made to visit my new besties at the Apple Genius Bar (shout out to David!) allotted me plenty of dangerous time to wander the isles of the adjacent Sephora store. most good. Of course I am physically incapable of leaving a Sephora without some kind of new goody in one of those precious black and white striped bags. Lets just say that I tried my best to exert will power...and FAILED...sorry Becks!

That being said... lets talk summer beauty products!

current summer beauty obsessions

HAIR:
Bumble & bumble Tonic Lotion: This has become my new haircare staple. I spray down my roots before brushing out my hair after every shower. It works wells to add shine and control frizz whether my hair is straightened into submission or loose and wavy! It is a MUST HAVE!
Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist: I love a great texturizing spray, especially if it leaves out the crunchy curl factor! yuck! This mist gives me glossy, voluminous mermaid hair minus the cheap coconut scent of many other products. 

SKIN:
Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream: There is nothing better than a thick, super hydrating eye cream, especially for night time. Bobbi hit it out of the park on this one. I glob it on every night and even sometimes during the day if my skin is feeling particularly dry.  
Clinique All About Eyes: This is my first time trying Clinique's famed under eye cream. So far so good! It goes on light and smooth and eliminates my lingering dark circles. My makeup also glides over it flawlessly! 
Clinique Age Defense BB Cream: My miracle product!! I've tried around 3 different BB creams (yikes!) and this one has my full endorsement! It is extremely hydrating, has just the right coverage and best of all...it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY! (with only 3 shades available this was a happy surprise) It is beautiful worn on its own, especially if you feel the need for some extra coverage on a beach day (its SPF 30!!!). I also use it as a primer over my daily moisturizer and under my foundation for a little extra coverage.  

MAKE-UP:
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: In the Florida humidity, a long-wear foundation is a MUST. Lancome's formula is one of my favorites. There are numerous of shades to choose from and it really does last all day long! No touch-ups at all!
Benefit Benetint: I am having a relationship with my bottle of Benetint. Seriously. This stuff is MAGIC. I dab and blend a few dots on to my cheek bones for a perfect rosy glow or use it as a lip stain..sometimes both at the same time. Don't be intimidated by its liquid form, it is SO easy to use!
Benefit Sunbeam: Meet Benetint's hunky bronze brother! This slightly thicker formula is great for adding a sun kissed sparkle to your cheek bones. I apply it just like the Benetint, even adding a dab to my brow bones for extra luminosity. 
MAC Matte Powder Blush in Smile: Good News: I've found the perfect coral-pink blush!! Bad News: it was hiding at the bottom of my make-up case for months and is now discontinued. Sorry ladies :(
Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara: I figured that if Adele endorsed a mascara then it was surely worthy of a trial run! I am not disappointed! The unique skinny brush design (there is a curvy version too) lengthens and coats my lashes into glossy black perfection. Not a clump in sight! Now if she would share all of her beauty secrets.... 
DiorShow New Look Mascara: I am truly a sucker for all of Dior's mascara products and I still use the original DiorShow religiously. Of course when I had the chance to cash in my Beauty Insider points for a trial size of the newest DiorShow creation I JUMPED on it! This is truly a "new look" for the product. The brush is much thinner than the original and appears to be made of synthetic structured fibers. It wears beautifully, fully defining even my smallest lashes without getting clumpy. A+   


Sorry for the marathon post... beauty just gets me going!!

+M


No comments:

Post a Comment