Thursday, June 7, 2012

the cure for a rainy day...

CANDY....err well in this case....ARM CANDY!!

Today has been a typical summer day in central Florida...rainy, thundery, and lazy. With the outside air registering in at about 10000000% humidity, I have had little to ZERO motivation to tame my unruly locks into shining perfection, moisturize, prime AND put on my "war paint" (as my father so charmingly puts it) or dress up in some chic, totally blog/instagram/twitter worthy ensemble. Today my friends, I have settled for a pair of Nike shorts and a staple ADPi shirt (shout out to Zeta Nu). Don't worry, I still exfoliated, moisturized and gave myself a mani (I haven't totally given up!) That being said, its time to talk about the glitz I actually did bother to put on today... I mean even a rainy day needs a little fancy!

There is nothing that brings me more joy in this world (aside maybe from one of these) than a nice, eclectic arm full of jewelry! Honestly though, I cannot remember the last time I wore just a single bangle, wrap bracelet, ring or cuff. More is more my pretties!!

Here is a little glimpse of my wrist today:
gotta add a little color to this dreary day!

Can you tell that I am really feeling the neon obsession right now? I love the idea of mixing some classic silver/gold pieces with a few eccentric neon friendship bracelets (my new scores from Anthro!) Also, 9 times out of 10 you will find my little wrist clad with a timepiece of some sort. It could be this ceramic number by my girls at Kate Spade, a classic MK menswear watch, or my coveted vintage Rolex (inherited from my incredibly stylish grandmother), either way there is always a ticker there to tell me how late perfectly on time I am running! 


Now if you will excuse me, there is a little chocolate labby staring at me to remind me that I am late perfectly on time for our nightly walk!



Meet Lilly!


Stack em high & keep em glittery!
-  M 



No comments:

Post a Comment