Saturday, June 9, 2012

pedi-cure for everything.

Ohh goodness, was today a good day! I spent the majority of my morning zipping around town with my sweet momma, eventually landing at her dear friend's home where we spent the remainder of the afternoon. My mother has taken up a new and rather time consuming hobby over the past 4 years...quilting! How cute is she, right?! It keeps her busy, relaxed and best of all makes her heart so happy! After years of watching her work her magic, I decided it was time to see what the fuss was all about! This afternoon we spent a few of hours at her best quilting partner's home working on her latest creation. I got a real wakeup call to all of the time and detail that goes in to one of these masterpieces! I spent hours methodically trimming and slicing squares of various fabrics that I proudly helped to pick out (hint: its going to be a pretty special quilt for a pretty special someone, so of course I had to get in on the decision making!) Four hours, lots of laughing at my mistakes and 72 perfect wedge squares later, it was time to head off to our next mother-daughter activity......

!!!!!MANI-PEDIS!!!!!

Let's just say that this girl right here has a deep and passionate love for a good trip to the nail salon (no doubt inherited from my mother)! There are few things in life that I enjoy more than leaning back in a massage chair, toesies soaking in warm water, and devouring a fashion magazine intellectually stimulating book. ;) Now with summer in full swing, you can bet your Birkin that I went for a nice bright lacquer! I won't lie... I did heavily consider a saucy cornflower blue from Essie's new summer collection, but with a wedding to attend this weekend (yay Teal & Marty!), I opted for something more subdued but still sassy! Thus, I present to you....

Cascade Cool, also from Essie's new summer collection.
(excuse the grainy iPhone image & the fact that this is a picture of my feet...weird?)


Coming from a girl who could quite possibly be a nail polish connoisseur (pink nail polish to be exact), I can confidently say that this shade is my favorite to date. It is just the right pale pink with subtle purple undertones and an almost neon affect when painted on the nail. It also makes my little toes look extra tan in all my summer sandals! Zing! Folks, this shade might even bump my "all time, every time perfect, go-to" polish, OPI's ElePhantastic Pink, out of the running...yes B, you read that right. GASP! Girls, if you are due for a mani-pedi or just have an obsession with nail polish like me, GO TRY IT!


phew... all that typing and no chips!

+ M

PS- If you love pink polish check out OPI's new Vintage Minnie-Mouse Collection, If You Moust, You Moust is definitely going to be my next polish change, provided I can get my hands on a bottle (looking at you J)! :)

1 comment:

  1. WHATTTTTT? I must try this new shade out. Also ummmm are your shoes kate?

    ReplyDelete